At GHD, people are at the heart of our success, culture and enduring client relationships. Our talented group of professionals are known for their technical prowess, business acumen and long-term commitment to clients and GHD.
Our employee-owned business model enables us to involve and engage our people across disciplines, levels, roles and regions. Our people have a personal interest in how we perform as a business, interact with clients, adopt technology and systems and, ultimately, how we pursue growth opportunities.
As part of our collaborative culture, our people operate as a connected global network. This allows us to connect our clients with talented people, and our people with global knowledge and experience.
The GHD difference
Our people and culture differentiate us. This is represented by our:
- Shared commitment with our clients' goals of improving the economic and social wellbeing of our communities
- Connected global network which provides a sense of belonging and helps us resource projects as 'best for clients' irrespective of location
- Core values of Teamwork, Respect and Integrity that underpin how we work
- Commitment to leadership, value-based behaviour, engagement, responsibility and accountability
- Pride in the diversity, depth and quality of our technical services, and in our ability to contribute to client projects
GHD's robust private ownership model continues to deliver benefits to our clients. Our people truly are our competitive advantage.David Beech Jones, General Manager People
- Leadership – The growth of talented career-oriented people enables us to deliver continuity and professionalism of services to our clients, both now and into the future. The GHD Business School continues to provide learning pathways to develop our people's talents while our technical conferences help us enhance technical leadership, bringing together senior leaders and younger talent across multiple disciplines and countries to share knowledge. In addition, robust succession planning occurs through a range of engagement activities with emerging and established leaders – both female and male.
- Integrity – We improved integrity management practices in line with World Bank Integrity Compliance Guidelines with respect to recruitment, training, policies and procedures.
- Talent – Despite economic cycles, we adopted a long-term view and provided career opportunities for more than 140 new graduates globally.
- Mobility – More than 95 transfers provided career development opportunities for people and enhanced capabilities for our clients. This is typically supplemented by 10-20 percent of people working in other offices, projects or client sites at any one time.
- Diversity – We evolved our well-developed approach to diversity by establishing a Diversity and Inclusion Group, which is responsible for embedding diversity of thought, background and experience into our culture. In support of our commitment to diversity, we received Consult Australia's 2013 Gold Award for Diversity for our Women in GHD initiative and Indigenous Services Action Plan. We also won the Employer Choice Award for South Australia from the Defence Teaming Centre. In addition, our leadership in employing Indigenous cadets was recognised by CareerTrackers with a major partner award.