2014 was a pivotal year for GHD.
While responding to market variability in Australia, we delivered revenue growth in many of our other operations. In addition, our merger with Conestoga-Rovers & Associates (CRA) in North America in July 2014 provides significant scale.
GHD now has more than 8500 people located across 200+ offices worldwide and has delivered projects in over 90 countries. We are now placed in the top six privately owned companies in our sector.
In fast changing markets, we are building on the foundations of our past achievements and strategies to establish an even stronger, more sustainable future.
GHD's strategy to 2020 is client-service led, responding to the global demands of water, energy and urbanisation. It is supported by our connected global network of professionals who are technical leaders in their discipline.
Operations & acquisitions
During the year we:
- Strengthened our footprint in North America and Australia with strategic mergers – Protection Engineering Group and the Horizon Power Engineering Group
- Expanded our architecture, interior design and planning practice in Australia with the addition of the team from Woodhead Architects
- Transformed our business to deliver increased value to clients across asset-intensive portfolios
Our ongoing commitment to the success of our clients has seen GHD continue to deliver services in our five global markets. Specifically we have:
- Collaborated with clients to improve the productivity of their assets, mainly in the markets of water, energy and resources, and transportation
- Increased the delivery of environmental services in infrastructure projects, helping our clients benefit from economies of scale
- Boosted our involvement in the property & buildings sector with the addition of an architecture, interior design and planning team from Woodhead Architects
- Stepped up our involvement in energy and resources projects, particularly in Chile, Africa and Australia
GHD has strengthened its client-service led focus and connected global network to secure its future.Ian Shepherd, CEO
- People: Enhanced diversity and gender equality with a step-up program aligned with our strategy
- Safety: Achieved 5.7 million hours Lost Time Injury (LTI) free and 69 percent reduction in Total Frequency Rate (TFR)
- Sustainability: Released the 2013 GHD Sustainability Report which demonstrates that our operations are environmentally and socially responsible
- Integrity: Improved integrity management practices in line with World Bank Integrity Compliance Guidelines
Overall, we enter the new financial year with a sense of optimism, given our enhanced global footprint and an improved balance across our business.
By being committed and connected, we will achieve our objectives.
Chief Executive Officer