Conestoga-Rovers & Associates joins GHD
On 2 July 2014, Conestoga-Rovers & Associates (CRA) and GHD merged to form a connected global network of more than 8500 people operating in 200+ offices across five continents and the Pacific region.
This is one of the largest true mergers to have occurred in the engineering and environmental industry, with 4000 people now located in North America.
The two companies, which will eventually be known as GHD, are currently working together on a progressive integration program while focusing on continuity of service and maintaining a high level of responsiveness to clients.
The result is a combined company with a major presence in Australia, Chile, China, New Zealand, North America, Philippines, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom.
Established in 1976, CRA is a leading technical service company providing engineering, environmental consulting, construction, and information technology services.
With more than 3000 people, CRA operates a network of 100+ offices in the USA, Canada, and the United Kingdom (UK), and has successfully delivered projects for clients in 60+ countries.
The company specialises in a wide variety of services including environmental site investigation and remediation, environmental management, solid waste management, water and wastewater treatment and distribution, forensic engineering and sciences, geotechnical engineering, and data management.
These services complement GHD's focus in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
CRA's clients are largely in the private sector, with many significant oil and gas clients (such as Chevron and Shell), some of which overlap with GHD's existing portfolio.
Of note, CRA is comprised of a family of companies including CRA and several other entities such as Inspec-Sol (a geotechnical engineering and materials testing company) and eSolutions (a software development and graphics design firm) that work together seamlessly on projects around the world.
- Love Canal Remediation Project, Niagara Falls, New York, USA
- Hurricane Sandy Catastrophe Response, Northeastern USA
- Beauharnois Bridge, Highway 30, Montréal South Shore Bypass, Québec, Canada
- Bacton Gas Terminal, Bacton, UK
- OxyChem Plant/Hylebos Waterway Remediation, Washington, USA
- Environmental Assessment, Regional Municipality of York, Ontario, Canada
- Green Lane Landfill Site, City of Toronto, St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada
- Lac-Mégantic Derailment, Lac Mégantic, Québec, Canada
- Chemtura Remediation Program, Elmira, Ontario, Canada
- The Pan Am Aquatics Center, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada